November 15, 2011 / Aware of the Void

Dear Heather,

Dear Heather, by okmqaz42
Dear Heather,, a photo by okmqaz42 on Flickr.

I hope this letter finds you well. It has been a while since we visited and I could not help but notice that over the summer you appear to have been burned to a cinder. I do like your new look and I hope that you don’t think me shallow but I did prefer when you had the little purple flowers and a thick green undergrowth, it made you so agreeable to be with. This new burned in look while it is interesting it has made you look very skinny and frankly you smell a bit like a bonfire.

I think we should take a little break and perhaps use these long winter months as a time to reflect and grow. Maybe we should try to work out what it is that we both require from a vista, clearly for you the beauty of deer park is just enjoying the open space and the fresh air, lets face it your well rooted and not likely to move from the area. I have always enjoyed my brief visits and that no matter what time of year I visit you were always evergreen, I know that your beautiful flowers come and go with the seasons but you always remained steadfast in your greeny goodness. This year it changed, you changed, you now resemble a desolate wasteland.

I am sorry but I feel I must move on with my life, I need to find new views and areas of natural scenic beauty. But please always remember that it’s me not you. I hope you can find happiness when the seasons roll around and renew and flourish, but for now and for always I remain your friend.

Sincerely
L Cohen.

Camera:Nikon F100
Film: Fujifilm Neopan 1600
Lens:Nikkor 35mm 1:1.8G AF-S DX
Dev: HC110 (B) 7.5 min 20c

1. sunnysmile / Nov 16 2011 10:04 pm

Atmospheric!

2. visionsofthephoenixpark / Nov 18 2011 2:52 pm

Wonderful photograph, such amazing tones and texture.
    Black and white film rules !

Dave

• Aware of the Void / Nov 19 2011 6:34 am

Thanks Dave, these were some of the first shots I took with my new(old) F100. I was pleased how they turned out.

Here is a couple more…
      F100_Neopan_1600_327

F100_Neopan_1600_329

3. wolke205 / Nov 19 2011 11:22 am

Amazing shots! We just got a Nikon d3100, hopefully it will take good pics 😀

• Aware of the Void / Nov 19 2011 11:30 am

My Father shoots with a D3100 and gets many fine photos with it. I am not one for giving advice but the only thing I would suggest is shoot, shoot, shoot… The more you use it the easier it will be to get to know how it works and you will find very quickly that you have a style all of your own. I really enjoyed your blog and will be spending more time there.

4. wherearetheheros / Dec 12 2011 4:27 pm

i like the photo
    but i love the letter 🙂

• Aware of the Void / Dec 12 2011 6:25 pm

Thank you, the letter started off as something else and just kind of ended up like that….

1. Industrious and Ambitious « Aware of the Void