November 17, 2011 / Aware of the Void

DART Timetable

DART Timetable by okmqaz42

I have a secret, I love the DART – Dublin Area Rapid Transit System. I sometimes fantasize that I work in the city so I could ride the crazy train to work everyday. But alas I have to contend with my weekend trips. I live four minutes walk from my nearest station and regardless of how well I time it I am always eight minutes early for the next DART. I have asked Fortean times to investigate.

On the 11 minute spin from my station to the city center you can watch a Greek tragedy unfold before your eyes. You can weep with laughter at the comedic antics of your fellow passengers. All human life rides the rails.

“The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson

Camera:Nikon F401x
Film: Fujifilm Neopan 400
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
Dev: HC110 (B) 5.5min 20c

Attack of the yellow man.

From Here I See Everything.

1. restlessjo / Nov 21 2011 1:13 pm

Have heard it’s a scenic route but only ever visited Dublin once and briefly so may be wrong? Like your photography. Thanks for stopping by mine

• Aware of the Void / Nov 21 2011 2:09 pm

Dublin is well worth a visit. There is a bit of everything here, from a thousand years of history to the scenic hillsides that surround the city and for the brave there is always the night life….

2. marinachetner / Nov 21 2011 1:47 pm

wow – what is that yellow suit made of?!

• Aware of the Void / Nov 21 2011 2:17 pm

It is some sort of spandex. That guy was great. I was standing next to him on the platform and he was doing a great job of pretending he always dresses like that. The train ride was fun because everyone was trying not to look at him.
      My wife was sitting facing me and asked what I was shooting. I pointed at the yellow man and said about as loud as I could “that guy” the whole carriage burst out laughing. The guy just kept reading his paper cool as a cucumber.

• marinachetner / Nov 21 2011 2:18 pm

That’s a great story. ‘He’ would have made a good story!

3. steviegill / Nov 28 2011 9:03 pm

Love the first photo. Great POV.

4. conspiracyofravens / Dec 5 2011 9:45 pm

Brilliant! This has really made me laugh.