February 18, 2012 / Aware of the Void

Primitive Hut

Primitive Hut

I stumbled across this primitive dwelling while exploring the rain forests of North County Dublin. The hut appeared to be built in the classic style as described in the essays of Marc-Antoine Laugier and I think it may have dated back to the 4th century B.C.

I had hoped to meet one of the aboriginal people from that area but there was none to be found so I explored further, found a  coffee shop and ordered an Americano and a slice of cake.

Camera:Nikon F401x
Film: Kodak TRI-X 400
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
Dev: HC110 (B) 5min 20c

Shouldn't Throw Stones

1. Nandini / Feb 18 2012 1:32 pm

Interesting place. Great photos in B&W. 🙂

2. Photobooth Journal / Feb 18 2012 8:30 pm

Tee, hee. Very funny post!

3. 1cruzdelsur / Feb 18 2012 10:59 pm

Very Nice…, Amigo¡

4. marinachetner / Feb 18 2012 11:03 pm

the rainforests of Dublin… who are you kidding? 😉 Get to Australia already and enjoy a long black and lamington in a cafe!

• Aware of the Void / Feb 19 2012 8:36 am

The National Botanic Gardens is about as close as we get to tropical. It can be great on a cold miserable day. They have an onion exhibit that is world class and is helping with my ongoing research.

My wife thinks my favorite part is the coffee shop….

• marinachetner / Feb 20 2012 12:45 am

an onion exhibit – that certainly does sound entertaining 😉 I love visiting the cafes in museums and galleries – I always feel like I need to rest my feet after an hour. Go figure.

• Aware of the Void / Feb 20 2012 4:53 pm

Museums and galleries have that affect on me but It is not so much my feet that need a rest as I need to “digest” what I have been looking at. I find a few breaks and I can spend a whole day in a gallery. We went to Florence last year and I had the Uffizi for a full day. Very rewarding but I needed lots of short coffee and cake breaks…

• marinachetner / Feb 20 2012 10:00 pm

believe me, resting the feet does wonders for the eyes and mind 😉

5. mostlymonochrome / Feb 19 2012 12:23 pm

I was expecting something a bit more tropical from the first picture.

• Aware of the Void / Feb 20 2012 4:47 pm

Sorry to disappoint, if it is any consolation I wish it was more tropical…

6. christian harkness / Feb 19 2012 6:03 pm

Great post! I’ll go for that Americano and cake every time!

• Aware of the Void / Feb 20 2012 4:48 pm

I am at the stage where I have been to the gardens so often I know what cake will be on the menu depending on where we are in the month.

7. kathryningrid / Mar 11 2012 9:29 pm

Very fun! Looks like a wonderful place to visit. I love a good conservatory, especially if it happens to have a nice coffee shop attached in any way. And the architecture of the typical glasshouse is anything but dull, even when the plants aren’t in peak season. Great for shooting, as you demonstrate here!

• Aware of the Void / Mar 11 2012 11:02 pm

This place is fantastic, during the winter it was great because it was warm in the glass houses – which are huge. But now everything has started to flower again the ground are spectacular.
      It has a great selection of cakes in the cafe also which is another draw…….

8. steviegill / Apr 10 2012 11:26 am

coffee and cake – good choice. Nice shots.

9. nursemyra / Apr 15 2012 9:47 am

the glasshouse is very beautiful