July 13, 2012 / Aware of the Void

Pinhole Self Portrait Assisted by Dog

Pinhole Self Assisted by Dog

I finally managed to use a couple of sheets of my Harmen direct positive paper last week.

I took a light reading in my back garden and a one minute exposure looked to be about right. I opted for a quick self portrait just to see how the paper worked and about 30 seconds into the exposure my dog took an interest in the Pinhole camera. She gave it a little bump and shifted it slightly. I am not sure if the result was in line with her “artistic intent” but I liked it.

I added an Ilford multigrade filter to the Pinhole to try and control contrast a bit and it seems to have worked. I think I may prefer the other worldly look that I get from making paper negatives but I have a whole pack of this stuff to get through so I will give it a fair trail.

I may not take Poppy on as a full time assistant but I enjoyed our collaboration on this project.

Camera:Homemade Pinhole
Paper: Harmen Direct Postive Paper at 3 ISO
Filter: Ilford Multigrade 0 Filter (Yellow)
Pinhole:0.6mm
Focal Length:103mm(ish)
Aperture:f172
Exposure:1min
Dev: Ilford Multigrade
Scan:Epson V330

It's All Wrong - Direct Positive
Camera:Homemade Pinhole
Paper: Harmen Direct Postive Paper at 3 ISO
Filter: Ilford Multigrade 0 Filter (Yellow)
Pinhole:0.6mm