November 16, 2013 / Aware of the Void

The Traveling Yashica Project

River in the Valley

The internet is a truly wonderful thing, about a month ago my pal Inge tweeted about the traveling Yashica project. The concept is pretty simple. Hamish posted out a Yashica T5 35mm compact camera to one of his twitter contacts – they shot with it for a week. Develop the film and email the results and a few words about the camera for publication on his website. The camera is then posted onto the next user.

I was the fifth person in line to shoot with the camera. I loved the camera and was delighted to be involved with the project. You can read my thoughts on the camera over on the 35MMC site. This is the home to some real passion about compact 35mm cameras and is really worth a visit. I am sure Hamish would love to see his camera go all the way around the world so please get in touch with him on Twitter.

All shots were taken as part of the project, shot with the Yashica in my local park and the city center. I used slide film and had it cross processed and scanned at my local lab.
CNV00067The Traveling YashicaThe Traveling Yashica CNV00038 The Traveling YashicaThe Traveling Yashica

1. christian harkness / Nov 16 2013 10:59 pm

Thanks for this fine post and photos. I have had a T4 for years [bought it new] and absolutely love.it. If you have not seen it, you might be interested in this video about Terry Richardson’s use of the T4.

2. kathryningrid / Nov 16 2013 11:06 pm

A great idea and terrific shots from you (as usual). I think the tower in the last shot is my favorite this time, with just a *slight* edge over the others. Ah, beauty!

3. Chris Klug / Nov 17 2013 5:52 pm

I like the straightforward portrait the best. Lovely.

• Aware of the Void / Nov 18 2013 10:35 pm