March 26, 2014 / Aware of the Void

It’s All About Ánia

MamiyaRB67_

I recently got to tag along on a a vintage fashion shoot. Ania has an impressive array of vintage clothes and Inge brought some great ideas to the shoot and was a director as much as a photographer. I mostly  stood in the background and watched as Ania and Inge done their thing, both moving like experienced pro’s.

Eventually I stared to get a feel for the shoot and ran a couple of rolls of film through my Mamiya and F100.

This is pretty much my selection of keepers from the day.

All the black and white was shot on Tri-X developed in Studional and the colour was Kodak Portra, I have been using the Tetanal kit for my  120 C-41 films.

MamiyaRB67_Making UpPrague_Trix_400_r09_16mi070Ania Ania MamiyaRB67_ MamiyaRB67_

MamiyaRB67_

and just for fun…… it turns out this is what I look like when I am playing photography…..Thanks Inge….
Inge

1. christian harkness / Mar 26 2014 11:51 pm

What a great opportunity. I must say that I now really having amy digital camera in situations like that, and not having to worry about changing rolls, or having enough film with me.

• Aware of the Void / Mar 28 2014 9:15 am

I very specifically left the digital camera at home Christian, I wanted to see how I would do without the safety net.

• christian harkness / Mar 28 2014 12:51 pm

Yes – the ‘high wire’ act – well that is great and I think it helps one keeping flexible and from getting too narrow a perspective.

2. Simon Howlett / Mar 27 2014 7:38 pm

Superb series of photos and yes, a great opportunity. Wonderful results from the Tri-X and Portra.

• Aware of the Void / Mar 28 2014 9:14 am

Thanks Simon, it was great fun. I am not sure about trying to direct a model but it was great being involved.
      the more I shoot with Portra the more I love it. Its a very rich film.

3. kathryningrid / Mar 31 2014 4:20 am