How to Retrieve a Film Leader – 35mm
Have you ever needed to extract a 35mm leader that you had rewound into the canister. I do this a few time a month to let me re-shoot rolls of film that have been sent to me for film swaps or when I do something silly.
You will need:
- A roll of 35mm film with the leader out
- something moist – in the video I use a damp paper towel but I have been know to use a human tongue.
- the offending roll of film that you want to extract.
- guile and wit (optional)
The process is simple:
- slightly moisten the leader on the new film
- insert it into the film you want to extract
- turn the knob gently on the film you want to extract
- you will feel it grab the leader on the moist film.
- swiftly but firmly pull the two film apart.
If it does not work the first time just try again, it always works.
Fancy trying a film swap get in touch and we will set one up. Thanks for watching.