June 23, 2014 / Aware of the Void

Film Swap With Kate – Dublin Vs Oakland and Napa

Film Swap with Kate Dollarhyde

This film swap business has started to develop a life of its own. Fresh rolls are now arriving every week and I am really enjoying the creative collaborations and all the surprises they bring. This is the results of my first film swap with Kate Dollarhyde and as I type I have a second roll at the lab.

This latest round was shot by Kate in Oakland and Napa-USA and I re-shot the roll in Dublin

My Camera was an Olympus OM1. Kate used a Pentax ME
Film was Kodak Ektar and dev lab C-41.

You can see a lot of Kate’s wonderful photos at her site
katedollarhyde.com/
or catch up with her on flickr at
www.flickr.com/photos/katedollarhyde/

If you would like to try one of these international film swaps please get in touch. it can be as simple as shooting a roll of film and sticking it in the post.

Hands

Attack

awareofthevoid.com/

www.facebook.com/AwareOfTheVoid

1. helenbriggsphotography / Jun 23 2014 3:09 pm

How fantastic!!
    Me and my friend are just doing a film swap at the moment, only I’m in York and he’s in Gloucester haha πŸ™‚ It’s so exciting isn’t it!
    Would love to do one with you as well πŸ™‚

• Aware of the Void / Jun 23 2014 3:51 pm

That would be great – let me know when you have your roll shot and I will email you my address. A York/Gloucester mash up sounds pretty good me me.

• helenbriggsphotography / Jun 23 2014 4:49 pm

Fantastic! πŸ™‚ You have to shot a roll too and send it to me πŸ™‚

• Aware of the Void / Jun 24 2014 7:28 am

I have a roll in the camera now so will let you know when its shot.
        if you have a chance have a watch of this….

• helenbriggsphotography / Jun 24 2014 9:08 am

Fantastic! I’ve just put a new roll in my Kodak πŸ™‚

• helenbriggsphotography / Jun 24 2014 9:30 am

Great video, I haven’t marked the film before but that’s a good idea πŸ™‚

• Aware of the Void / Jun 26 2014 10:12 am

It can help is you want to try and line the shots up, but it does not matter πŸ™‚

2. Moni / Jun 23 2014 5:14 pm

Great results, Brendan! I love how colorful they are. And so dreamlike!

• Aware of the Void / Jun 24 2014 7:26 am

Thanks Moni, really please with this lot. I think it helped that most of my shots were indoors or low light type shots..

3. ThisHandcraftedLife / Jun 23 2014 6:39 pm

These are gorgeous images. Each one is little mystery.

• Aware of the Void / Jun 24 2014 7:25 am

Thank you – it is always fun to see how they will turn out…

4. mewanchuk / Jun 24 2014 3:14 pm

Gorgeous stuff, guys!

I do especially love (starting from the top…) #’s 10, 11, 13, and the last one.

I may have to get in on this action at some point…

All the best,
    M.

5. iggytwin / Aug 5 2014 9:24 am

omg. At first I was like, ooh, pretty pictures.
    Then I realised how it’s a mishmash of moments in two different places at their specific moments in time and that just – buzzed up my mind.
    It’s like, so weird, a literal collision of two worlds. Two different places. And it’s so exciting to see these photographs that contain very opposing and unrelated images in some, whereas in others they contain related/similar images, and yet all of them have their own sense of harmony despite it all.
    It’s like, woah, I mean. My brain just got way more excited than I feel I should over these images. But man! My heart is like beating real hard and I can’t get over how we’ve got the essence of two different places stuck in these rectangles and how they bring these places closer and through that, the people that shot them closer. A common ground made out of two different lives.
    Ahhhh, I could wax lyrical in my wonder forever so I’ll stop here.

• Aware of the Void / Aug 17 2014 7:59 am

Thanks so much for your enthusiasm for the project. It is connecting me with people from all over the world and i really enjoy the results.

6. Nikolaas / Apr 29 2015 4:48 am

This is pretty awesome!! I would be interested in doing a film swap, Please let me know if you are interested and we can work something out.