April 15, 2016 / Aware of the Void

Simple Gobhi Masala – Video

I’m home alone this weekend so have decided to make one of my favourite dishes to cheer myself up. Since I am on my own I decided to make it with a camera strapped to my head.

Its a variation on the classic Indian Gobhi Masala.

Onion, tomatoes and ginger are blitzed in a blender and added to fried cauliflower. I have no idea why but that vegetable has been in short supply.

So be honest – should I make more of these videos?

1. Photobooth Journal / Apr 16 2016 1:19 am

Looks yummy. I liked it but maybe it would work better if it was slightly shorter? I’d like to see more of these. It could be a fabulous creative project doing this in all aspects of you life and see why comes out of it.

• Aware of the Void / Apr 16 2016 1:30 am

Totally agree, but what bit should be shorter? I want to give a sense of the meal but fall short of tedious – I would not watch a video of the lenght

• Photobooth Journal / Apr 16 2016 1:37 am

Maybe some of the bits could be faster than others? Leave out the bin and some fridge shots? I’m not sure, but it could be a great project!

• Aware of the Void / Apr 16 2016 8:20 am

Thanks! It’s a very first attempt so I’m very glad of the feedback and totally agree. I had hoped to make the whole thing about 2.5 mins long but got a little drunk while editing and decided it was “ok” looking at it again it needs more cuts

• Photobooth Journal / Apr 16 2016 9:37 am

I look forward to seeing what you do next.

2. Moni / Apr 16 2016 2:22 am

Yes! More videos!

3. schlem / Apr 16 2016 3:46 am

Love it. I am very Indian-cuisine ignorant, and this feeds my curiosities. I would like some kind of super titles or narration that details ingredients and process. PS you have a creature in your kitchen. C U N BCN?

• Aware of the Void / Apr 16 2016 8:22 am

The creature is Sheba and she owns the kitchen that I use. This one is super easy to make and I might do another cut that details the process. This one was a little “I’m drunk and I have a GoPro”

4. aditi14rathi / Apr 16 2016 7:10 am